Wednesday, February 27, 2013

SGE#5 : Bucket List


There are many types of bucket lists, simple ones (for the easily amused), or life long dreams to be fulfilled. I have both types one with small activities that can be done at any time, but I am to lazy to do and one that contains activities all over the world. The more interesting list contains adventures ,such as, The Festval of colors,  jason deCaires' underwater sculptures, and floating in the dead sea. Did you know that the dead sea contains so much sodium that no animals can inhabit it.
I have high hopes of completing these tasks

Jason deCaires underwater sculptures
, but don't want to do them alone.
I read this quote
Festival of Colors
the other day that made me think of this. This is a quote by Eve Ensler “Cherish your solitude. Take trains by yourself to places you have never been. Sleep out alone under the stars. Learn how to drive a stick shift. Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back. Say no when you don’t want to do something. Say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees. Decide whether you want to be liked or admired. Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you’re doing here. Believe in kissing.” I read this and thought maybe it would be better to do these things alone. I think some of the bravest people in the world are those who can do things alone. I wish I could. I hope that I can. Sorry if I got off topic.  

    
   


1 comment:

  1. Sabrina--You have some good commentary in these new entries, but you have room to take them further. You seem to stop your discussions right as they get going. For example, in your pink slime entry, at the very end you say "Notice how I said 'might'?". That is the beginning of a good discussion. Why might? Take it further. Or, here in this self-generated, you intro with some things you would like to do, then move into an interesting quote, and then add a couple brief sentences. That is just where the discussion was about to start. The discussion of doing things alone or not. What that means. How that is significant. So much still to stay. Make sure to edit carefully (commas go at the end of a word, not the beginning). Missing 1 self-generated.

    ReplyDelete