Saturday, February 9, 2013

Entry #3 : Our Future

I just watched the clip from WALL-E where WALL-E first gets to the space ship to find Eva. The first thing I noticed is how people were having conversations over webcams even though the people they were talking to were right next to them. That worries me because thats not to far off from what is already happening. I have texted my mother when we were in different rooms because I didn't want to get up to ask her what was for dinner. 



Another thing that bothered me was that they didn't really connect with other people. The topics that they were talking about had to do with technology like television shows or the products that they buy like "lunch in a cup". The last is that they buy all there food and supplies from "buy and large ,everything you need to be happy." They value possesions more than people ,they don't even take responsibility for their own children. They just hand them over to robots for them to raise. I hope that our future isn't like that ,but considerering that they didn't take car of their world we could be in the same position.

No comments:

Post a Comment