Sunday, February 24, 2013

#5: Pink Slime

Pink Slime
Apparently "Pink Slime" is something that is used in school food. It is all the rejected meat that comes from the outside layers of the cow that has the most fat. This part of the cow can have a lot of bacteria, it can have Ecoli or Salmonella. To get rid of the bacteria, they boil it and then they wash it in ammonium hydroxide, but don't worry they strain it afterwards! If you didn't catch that, I was being sarcastic. Who is fine with eating beef that has ammonia in it. This product is also used at McDonalds for their chicken nuggets. It looks like a strawberry smoothie. I ate chicken nuggets all the time, but I didn't know that this is what it was made of. If I had I might not have eaten it. Notice that I said "might".

No comments:

Post a Comment